Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Explosions!

Alright, now that I have a vector at least traveling towards the mouse and reaching some sort of relative distance away from the center, ill start writing up the part were the missile explodes. This should be pretty easy, ill just write up a function that draws a circle based on a radius and then every time the explosion is rendered it parses a larger radius in.

Done. As expected it was pretty fast to code up, I added a new explosion object and set it to render when the vector reached its distance. Below is a screenshot of a bunch of vectors moving out to their destination and some explosions already going off.


I've palmed off what I've done so far to Pete now, he is going to fix the vector/laser class so that they travel the correct distance and probably try and work on some collision detection. Pete is the one that has a better understanding of the math behind everything were doing, I'm more or less just coding up the graphics and things to look nice. I don't know were to go from here, so I guess ill look into the networking side of things, I don't want to spend to much time thinking about what I should do next when their is so much to do overall.

No comments: